The Historian is appointed by the Hamilton County Board of Supervisors to serve several different roles:
- Assist the general public with historical research projects
- Manage the County Historian's collection of historic records
- Collaborate with the county's town, village and hamlet historians
- Partner with local historical societies, museums and libraries in the preservation and interpretation of county history
- Conduct research on county history, and disseminate findings through exhibits, talks and publications
- Promote interest and participation in county history among residents, former residents, visitors and institutions
The Historian is generally in the office on either Mondays or Fridays, 10:00am - 5:00pm. Please check the calendar page for details. The Historian also travels around Hamilton County frequently, so if you cannot make it to Lake Pleasant, please contact her to arrange a meeting closer to your home.
To submit an inquiry to the County Historian, please fill out the form below, or otherwise contact the office via email or phone (see contact information at the bottom of the page).
All talks are approximately 45-60 minutes and are accompanied by a slide show, handout and bespoke publicity materials. Please click "Book" to schedule a talk.