The Historian is appointed by the Hamilton County Board of Supervisors to serve several different roles:
- Assist the general public with historical research projects
- Manage the County Historian's collection of historic records
- Collaborate with the county's town, village and hamlet historians
- Partner with local historical societies, museums and libraries in the preservation and interpretation of county history
- Conduct research on county history, and disseminate findings through exhibits, talks and publications
- Promote interest and participation in county history among residents, former residents, visitors and institutions
10:00am - 5:00pm
Or otherwise by appointment
Please check the calendar page for any changes to this schedule.
To submit an inquiry to the County Historian, please fill out the form below, or otherwise contact the office via email or phone (see contact information at the bottom of the page).
All talks are approximately 45-60 minutes and are accompanied by a slide show, handout and bespoke publicity materials. Please click "Book" to schedule a talk.